We’re looking for people who are motivated to build great products and solutions to improve cancer care. If this describes you, and you’re results-oriented, flexible and enthusiastic about our vision, submit your resume and indicate the role that interests you.
- Senior Curation Specialist
Intervention Insights is searching for an experienced Sr. Curation Specialist. Individual will primarily be involved in the acquisition and management of clinical and biological data related to the practice of personalized medicine in oncology. Individual will be part of an interdisciplinary team working with other clinical content editors, software developers, product managers, and clinicians. The applicant needs to be a self-starter and comfortable in an early-stage startup environment where his/her potential can be maximized through the individual contributions to challenging projects.
- Build, maintain and improve existing knowledgebase of clinically actionable biomarkers through the review, annotation, analysis and synthesis of clinical outcomes data from published literature.
- Develop, document and optimize workflow processes and operations to ensure completeness and accuracy of clinical data sets.
- Compile data sets into dynamic reports for analysis by internal and external parties.
- Compile and QA data sets for clinical reporting.
- Interact with technical team to develop data management and visualization software.
- Work closely with other curators to ensure the timely and accurate dissemination of new clinical content.
Desired Skills & Experience
- MD or PhD in the biological sciences is preferred, but a Master's degree with extensive relevant experience will be considered.
- Experience with biological databases, such as Entrez, HUGO and COSMIC, NGS data
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Comfortable handling large data sets
- Experience or strong working knowledge in biomarker discovery, personalized medicine in oncology, clinical genomics, next-generation sequencing
- Familiarity with clinical trials outcome data
- Prior experience within Life Sciences, Healthcare IT is a big plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Curation Specialist
Individual will be primarily involved in the acquisition and management of clinical and biological data related to the practice of personalized medicine in oncology. Responsibilities include the building and maintaining existing knowledgebase’s of clinically actionable biomarkers through data mining, annotation and quality control activities. Individual will be a part of an integrated team in an interdisciplinary environment working with software developers, research scientists and clinicians.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to plan and execute projects with minimal supervision
- Strong understanding of biology and experience with biological databases
- Working knowledge of or familiarity with genomics, molecular oncology, cellular signaling, and biomarkers
- Motivated to learn a large set of terms and concepts related to personalized medicine in oncology
- Coordinate, edit and/or verify data related to genes, drugs, diseases using standard reference sources
- Assist in quality control process to ensure integrity of clinical data
- Work with and support scientists and clinicians throughout the clinical knowledge curation process
- Work with software team to support the development of tools and processes to manage clinical knowledge curation
- BS in biology or related field
- Systems/Release Engineer
Individual will primarily be involved in the acquisition and management of clinical and biological data related to the practice of personalized medicine in oncology. Individual will be part of an interdisciplinary team working with other clinical content editors, software developers, product managers and clinicians.
- Perform build management/release engineering functions for the production environment: (Linux CentOS), J2EE, Tomcat, Nginx, MySQL
- Provide ongoing desktop support for the business users
- Support internal development tools and repositories: SVN, JIRA, Git, Sonar
- Own and monitor of the Cloud-based production environment, specifically Amazon EC2/S3
- Help with administration of the IT infrastructure including Windows Server, firewalls, IIS, VPN, Domain Controller, DNS/WINS, DFS, Active Directory, Hyper-V and other Microsoft-based solutions
- Create and implement plans for Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity
- Make recommendations on hardware configuration and purchases
- Evaluate and recommend upgrades, patches, application and equipment
- Maintain inventory of hardware and software license units
- Thorough understanding of Linux administration (prefer CentOS)
- Working experience deploying and configuring J2EE/MySQL stack
- Experience with both Microsoft Windows Server 2008 r2 and Hyper-V
- SaaS/PaaS solutions in commercial clouds (Amazon)
- Configuration management and source control tools (Git, SVN)
- Web/Application Servers – IIS, Apache Tomcat, JBoss
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
- Exposure to SQL Server 2008/2012, SOLR
- Prior experience in Agile/SCRUM shop
- Prior experience working in healthcare, knowledge of HIPAA